PDA

View Full Version : Brewing this weekend............

Rusty
04-16-2005, 04:56 PM
This is what I'm brewing this weekend..........

https://www.highgravitybrew.com/docs/ThespianStout.doc

Tell me what ya think.

Tony
04-16-2005, 05:51 PM
Alas the Thespian shall be done to grant thy owner the wonders of its yeild. Doth ye expect a high yeild of alcohol content and deepened hue from its birth?

Sorry...couldnt help it :D

Looks like it will be a decent brew for sure, and should be nice and dark. The only thing is the use of Cascade hops for a recipe that usually calls for Fuggles and Kent Goldings. Instead of the the usual spicy flavor it will have the citrusy floral flavor. Unique indeed!

Rusty
04-16-2005, 06:17 PM
Alas the Thespian shall be done to grant thy owner the wonders of its yeild. Doth ye expect a high yeild of alcohol content and deepened hue from its birth?

Sorry...couldnt help it :D

Looks like it will be a decent brew for sure, and should be nice and dark. The only thing is the use of Cascade hops for a recipe that usually calls for Fuggles and Kent Goldings. Instead of the the usual spicy flavor it will have the citrusy floral flavor. Unique indeed!
YEP........I know the hops are different than what the norm is in a stout.........But that is what makes it a clone beer of the Rouge shakespher stout..........

ABV should be around 6.0%

Tony
04-16-2005, 06:21 PM
YEP........I know the hops are different than what the norm is in a stout.........But that is what makes it a clone beer of the Rouge shakespher stout..........

Ive never had one before, I'll have to look for it and try it.

Rusty
04-16-2005, 06:42 PM

Ive never had one before, I'll have to look for it and try it.

I've never made a stout and wanted something different. Rouge makes some damn fine beers. Well, I'm getting ready to start steeping the grains.....I'll check back with you guys later............ :D

Tony
04-16-2005, 06:44 PM
Well, I'm getting ready to start steeping the grains.....I'll check back with you guys later............ :D

Cool, keep giving us updates!!!

Rusty
04-17-2005, 02:12 AM
After steeping grains for 45 min's and then a 90 min boil, I finally pitched the yeast at about 1830hrs...........It's dark.....which is typical for a stout. Everything went good and I drank a few beers while brewing. The wife was gonna take me out to get some new ink, but I think she is tired now.

Looks like an evening of relaxing.......... B)

Tony
04-17-2005, 02:17 AM
I bet it smelled great when you were finished!

Rusty
04-17-2005, 04:03 PM
I bet it smelled great when you were finished!

Oh shit...........I thought I was in malt heavan............

Tony
04-17-2005, 04:13 PM
Oh shit...........I thought I was in malt heavan............

Excellent! Thats the best part about partial or all grain!!!!