PDA

View Full Version : My new Harley Heritage Softail

VetteZ07
04-22-2005, 02:34 PM
Well guys and gals, I've had my new Heritage Classic Softail now for 2 months and have 2000 miles on it. So far no problems at all! Not that I expected any, just glad that all has been great! The weather is getting warmer, so if it will just stop raining, maybe I can get a few more miles on it. Just for the record- NO OIL LEAKS.
I do have one question though, living out here in the west, with higher speed limits, besides going to a six speed tranny, can I change the sproket ratio to lower my RPM's on the interstate, without messing with the speedo? Are there different raitio's available for the belt drive? At 80-85 mph, the Harley is starting to sound more like a jap bike. Any help?
Thanks
-Barrett

utah883C
04-22-2005, 03:06 PM
Barrett, I don't have an answer for you but I had to reply when I finally saw a post by someone from Utah. I was starting to think I was the only one here. Congrats on the Heritage. I just picked up an 05 Night Train last month, at about 700 miles right now. We also have an 04 Sportster Custom that my wife rides, and a 98 Sportster we are selling. By the way, I like your sig, I'm not either but my wife is, but don't hold that against her :D ...anyway welcome to the HCG

Tony
04-22-2005, 03:29 PM
Hiya Barrett, welcome to HCG!! Congrats on the new Heritage!!!!

wreckerman
04-22-2005, 08:29 PM
you might want to think hard before you change the srockets you will lower your rpm in the high gear but will lose some punch out of the hole and by the way welcome to the harley chat group hope to see more post from you

VetteZ07
04-24-2005, 04:30 PM
I realize I'd be giving up low end power, but most of my riding is on the interstate and highways, anywhere from 75-85 mph. Is there speedo correction for the high ratio's?
-Barrett