PDA

View Full Version : Dealer screw up or rip off. Advice needed.

Oli1200
04-22-2005, 06:45 PM
I was just now going over my dealer bike purchase order from last year. I discovered that I paid $275 (MSRP Canadian) for my silver pearl paint option twice. The Canadian MSRP for my bike in pearl was $13,539.00 which already included the pearl paint option in that price. Under the "basic vehicle price" portion of the purchase form, I was charged another $275 along with $410 for the factory alarm. This is something that I or my salesman must not have noticed or it was done intentionally and I was robbed of $275.

It isn't the end of the world but it is $275 that I over paid. I have nothing but good to say about my dealership and my dealings with them as far as service and all that goes. I'm still on a first name basis with my salesman. Realistically should I even consider bringing this up with my salesman Todd by showing him my sales contract? Even though I paid for my bike a year ago? Or should I try to forget about it? Thanks.

WolfSpectre
04-22-2005, 06:49 PM
hmmm...well, if it was me, I would take it in and very amicablly (sp?) bring it to their attention. They may help you out with it or they may say, sorry. At any rate, if you keep it on a friendly basis, it won't hurt. The worse they could say is "no".

Mungo
04-22-2005, 06:49 PM
I'm not sure what contract law says about this, but $275 is a lot of money to me. I'd bring it up, but probably with the sales manager. The worse they can say is no, but you may wind up with a compromise of a $275 gift cert or something like that.

scratch
04-22-2005, 07:48 PM
If you have a good relationship with the sales dude, sure, mention it. Don't get up in his face, just say something like "Hey man, am I crazy, or does this say what I think it says?" Like NCRoadKing said, you might not get your cash back but you might get a credit out of it, and you'd spend that at the dealership eventually, anyway, right? :lol:

wreckerman
04-22-2005, 08:23 PM
all of the above are good suggestion's and right on the money, and the worse that could happen is they say no , but at least have them explane it to you so you can sleep at night

LR24
04-22-2005, 08:56 PM
You may also check to see if that was freight charge which is separate.

Tony
04-22-2005, 09:26 PM
Have them go over it with you...they should be able to account for every last cent. Its perfectly fine to ask them, plus its your money...they dont need a tip!

Harley-Ray
04-22-2005, 09:53 PM
I can't imagine a reputable stealer...opps.....dealer wouldn't want to correct an honest mistake.

hogwylde
04-23-2005, 01:56 AM
I don't refer to dealerships as stealerships.....as my dealership, and am sure the majority of them out there, are reputable and honest. I love the service I get at my dealership. BUT! $275 is a lot of money!

It never hurts to ask.

And if you don't dare ask..... you got $275 I can have? ;)

Kagan
05-08-2005, 04:42 AM
No follow up post? How'd it go?

Oli1200
05-08-2005, 04:52 AM
Sorry, guess I should have followed up. After a little backtracking and investigating I didn't pay for my paint option twice it turns out. I contacted HD of Toronto and asked their sales people what my bike's MSRP with pearl paint was last May and it turns out what I paid was correct . If I feel I've been ripped off I tend to get very paranoid.

wreckerman
05-08-2005, 04:54 AM
Thanks for posting back and resolving the issue

Kagan
05-08-2005, 05:10 AM
I'm glad it worked out. I still have contacts at Deeley Imports. Used to work there before moving to Seattle. Nothing I hate more than people upset with their bike purchase.