PDA

View Full Version : Tribute to "Family Guy"

Tony
04-26-2005, 07:01 AM
Well, one of my favorite shows is Family Guy, on Adult Swim! Yeah, us adults need adult cartoons :D

Anyhow, to pay tribute to Peter Griffin, Glen Quagmire, Joe Swanson and Cleveland...I give you my...

"Pawtucket Patriot"
American Pale Ale
All Grain Recipe

American 2 Row - 8lbs
American Wheat - 1lbs
Carapils - 1lbs

Northern Brewer - 1oz 60 minutes
Northern Brewer - 1oz 30 minutes
Liberty - 5 minutes

Amercian Ale II Yeast

And for the label of my 12 oz bottles
http://www.harleychatgroup.com/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10955/Paw%20Pat%20Demo.JPG

All grains, hops and yeast ordered and awaiting brewing!!!!

Rusty
04-26-2005, 01:46 PM
What is your OG gonna be? Seems kinda light for a double.......It sounds good.

gliderider94
04-26-2005, 02:28 PM
Tony, cool label. Being the self professed bottle geek that you are I'm sure you regularly label your brews. what software do you usually use to do so? What paper medium do you use? How do you affix the labels so as to be easily removed?

Tony
04-26-2005, 03:19 PM
Tony, cool label. Being the self professed bottle geek that you are I'm sure you regularly label your brews. what software do you usually use to do so? What paper medium do you use? How do you affix the labels so as to be easily removed?

I havent labeled yet, as this will be the first time Im going to bottle in all 12oz bottles. I usually use 1 liter flip tops and never wanted to label them. I am going to pick up a program called "Art Of Wine Pro" as it does all kinds of labels, both beer and wine. UndergroundDigital sells it, as well as blank labels that are easy to remove by soaking for 5 minutes. Should be cool.

Tony
04-26-2005, 03:21 PM
What is your OG gonna be? Seems kinda light for a double.......It sounds good.

You are correct, I should have said regular APA as OG is 1.055, with final being 1.014. I had originally made it a lot stronger, but changed it. AV is only 5.5%, but its for a novelty purpose to, for some Family Guy lovers I know, and Im trying to stay within "correctness" for the ale :lol:

OldSalt
04-26-2005, 03:27 PM
Excellent tribute!

Rusty
04-26-2005, 03:32 PM

I havent labeled yet, as this will be the first time Im going to bottle in all 12oz bottles. I usually use 1 liter flip tops and never wanted to label them. I am going to pick up a program called "Art Of Wine Pro" as it does all kinds of labels, both beer and wine. UndergroundDigital sells it, as well as blank labels that are easy to remove by soaking for 5 minutes. Should be cool.

I like the simplicity of this beer. I bet it's gonna taste amazing. Looks like it's gonna be a well balanced APA. Nice hops choices. :D B)