PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite beer brand!!!

Tony
05-16-2005, 06:44 AM
Okay folks, I know everyone has a favorite, so what is your favorite beer, commercial or home brewed?

Myself, my two favs are homebrewed Hop Rod Rye (9.5% alcohol :D ) and Newcastle Ale (which I have a recipe to now :D )

Kagan
05-16-2005, 06:50 AM
Newcastle Brown? FUCK! I lived next to a guy in Toronto for 4 years who used to come over with his case of "Newkie Browns"!

My favorite beer is Molson Canadian.

Tony
05-16-2005, 06:53 AM
Newcastle Brown? FUCK! I lived next to a guy in Toronto for 4 years who used to come over with his case of "Newkie Browns"!

My favorite beer is Molson Canadian.

Newcastle is a great low hops beer. Ive drank many a Molson before, usually Molson Ale.

Kagan
05-16-2005, 07:15 AM
You had to bring it up... TONY, YOU FUCKER! When I lived in Canada, all I drank was Molson Export Ale. I can't get it from my distributor down here.

Ales are just downright fuckin' delicious. :D

Rusty
05-16-2005, 02:16 PM
No. 1 favorite = Clone of Rouge's Dead Guy Ale that I make.
No. 2 favorite = Rouge's Dead Guy Ale (The real thing)

But its hard to say favorite, because depending on what mood I'm in and what the weather is like or what day of the week it is my favorite can change dramaticly. And If I out running around on a hot day in the sun and it's a week till payday, it's hard to beat a $1/per bottle anything.........

wreckerman
05-16-2005, 10:50 PM
miller lite , never said i had good taste

frobozz
05-19-2005, 02:05 PM
miller lite , never said i had good taste

Very funny, Wrecker..... ;)

Assuming we're talking commercial, not homebrewed...

Sea Dog IPA (Maine brewed)
Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale (brewed a continent away... hard to find
locally)

Also like Harpoon IPA (awesomely dry hopped) and Dogfish Head 90 minute IPA (very expensive).

Fro...

D.N.F.
05-19-2005, 02:13 PM
Stella if I have the bucks.

Kokanee Gold on tap.

Rusty
05-19-2005, 02:27 PM
Dogfish Head 90 minute IPA (very expensive).

Fro...

You would think that since you are so close to the brewery that It would not be so expensive......... bottomsup

LostLake
05-20-2005, 01:11 AM
We have talked this talk before...

Recreational beer drinking when I want to put down 30 a night - Bud Light or OPB (Other peoples beer)

Very nice: Franziskaner Wheat, Hacker Schor Wheat, Paulaner Wheat, Bass Ale, Black and Tan, Anything cold and wet with not too much bitterness or hoppiness (like strong IPA's) Any micro Brew (love to taste test)

Best ever: Haufbrau Haus Munich

coolhawg6622
05-20-2005, 01:35 AM
Recreational beer drinking when I want to put down 30 a night - Bud Light or OPB (Other peoples beer)

Very nice: Franziskaner Wheat, Hacker Schor Wheat, Paulaner Wheat, Bass Ale, Black and Tan, Anything cold and wet with not too much bitterness or hoppiness (like strong IPA's) Any micro Brew (love to taste test)

Best ever: Haufbrau Haus Munich

Ya what he said!! bottomsup

Wide
05-20-2005, 01:40 AM
Corona & a Lime

emtee
05-20-2005, 02:53 AM
Anchor Steam for me if I gotta buy beer. But if I have my druthers, ANY homebrew- good shit or bad shit. Don't matter.

tomslik
05-20-2005, 03:12 AM
fuck you yuppies!

bud draw, thanks.....

or i'll join Wide on those coronas...

Tony
05-20-2005, 03:29 AM
fuck you yuppies!

bud draw, thanks.....

or i'll join Wide on those coronas...

Yuppies....hmmmm

Okay...lets see...WHY do you Corona drinkers put a lime in the top of the bottle?

88FLHTC
05-20-2005, 03:44 AM
B) Long Trail Ale !! :wub: drunks

emtee
05-20-2005, 12:14 PM
Sic em Tony freakin . If ya wanna drink domestic no flavor piss then just piss in yer own bottle and drink up :D

gliderider94
05-20-2005, 12:22 PM
fuck you yuppies!

And another one wanders over from the Festering Asshole Forum.
:o

Took the new OL out for dinner Wednesday night (Yes TFB - she's a blond) and while we were waiting for our table I had a few Munich Spaten's, on tap no less. Really hit the spot after the hour ride of bumper to bumper rush hour traffic to get to a restaurant she just HAD to go to. I must admit it was worth it. All you can eat Alaskan king crab legs for $22.95 and Spaten on tap. I hurt myself.
:lol:

Hellswraith
05-20-2005, 12:57 PM
My favorite is = COLD - dont matter really !!

:lol: bottomsup

thesmithiz
05-20-2005, 01:10 PM
ANYTHING cold and draft!!!!!!!!!!! Otherwise after the first 2 or 3 bottles it doesn't matter!

LostLake
05-20-2005, 02:48 PM
fuck you yuppies!

Took the new OL out for dinner Wednesday night (Yes TFB - she's a blond) and while we were waiting for our table I had a few Munich Spaten's, on tap no less. Really hit the spot after the hour ride of bumper to bumper rush hour traffic to get to a restaurant she just HAD to go to. I must admit it was worth it. All you can eat Alaskan king crab legs for $22.95 and Spaten on tap. I hurt myself.

Spaten Light? I have a favorite German pub here that is going to be dozed over for 'economic development' ARGGGGG! that has lots of German brews on tap, including Spaten light and dark..
(and for you 'Bud draw' drinkers, German lights are not low calorie, they are LIGHT colored from lighter roasted malts, sheesh..)

Like I said, I drink Bud Light, it's fast, easy, you know every watering hole has it, you can pound down at least a dozen in the first hour and not be smoked, and it always tastes the same. If that's what beer is to you, God bless you!!

But micros and homebrews are God's gift to man. Mmmmmmm boy! Tasting all those little nuances and flavors and smelling the aromas... It's like the difference between eating bologna sandwiches every meal, or eating steak one day, then crab the next, maybe chili if it's cold out, or something light like chips and salsa.

Slice
05-20-2005, 03:28 PM
fuck you yuppies!

Spaten Light? I have a favorite German pub here that is going to be dozed over for 'economic development' ARGGGGG! that has lots of German brews on tap, including Spaten light and dark..
(and for you 'Bud draw' drinkers, German lights are not low calorie, they are LIGHT colored from lighter roasted malts, sheesh..)

Like I said, I drink Bud Light, it's fast, easy, you know every watering hole has it, you can pound down at least a dozen in the first hour and not be smoked, and it always tastes the same. If that's what beer is to you, God bless you!!

But micros and homebrews are God's gift to man. Mmmmmmm boy! Tasting all those little nuances and flavors and smelling the aromas... It's like the difference between eating bologna sandwiches every meal, or eating steak one day, then crab the next, maybe chili if it's cold out, or something light like chips and salsa.

Couldn't say that any better.... bottomsup

***Festering Asshole forum*** That's friggin' hilarious!

Harley-Ray
05-20-2005, 04:12 PM
Ice cold Bud or Bud Light, nuff said.

Tiger
05-20-2005, 04:37 PM
Amber Bach is my favorite. Corona or Chihuahua and line are good too. drunks

Tony
05-21-2005, 02:00 AM
Well to all the Corona drinkers out there...take this in stride...but remember, its history and true.

Corona is actually a lager from an old English recipe, which was brewed in Europe briefly, and brought to Mexico. The ingredients were originally all German, and they still are even now. The company has been around since 1922 or so, and has risen to be one of the leading brewers in the Americas.

But, Mexico has a big fly problem, and sooo many times people would have flies in their food, as well as their drinks. So, the real story of the "Lime in the bottle" was because people got tired of having flies crawl down their bottlenecks, and since they were in bars, with lime wedges for the Margaritas, they were used to stuff into the top of the bottle to keep the flies out. They could drink through them, the lime didnt really effect the beer taste much and thats that.

But, so many people in the US believe hype and bullshit forcefed from TV and such, they started stuffing limes in their Coronas. Now, out at the beach bar or outdoors, hell, stuff a lime wedge in any beer bottle to keep the elements out as well as the local bug population. But, when you are out at the night club, or at your local bar...keep the lime out of the neck, because Im sure the health codes are enforced and flies wont be a problem.

Yes, certain "trendy" people (yuppies) love to be cool and mimic whatever they can, but its stupid to do something just to do it and dont have a clue as to why.

So, next time you are out at an exclusive club or out on the town and see some fucker trying to impress his friends with his "trendy" lime... casually walk up to him and say "Hmmm, lime huh? Are there really flies in here?" then give him some history and make him look like an asshole :D

::steps off his beercase::

tomslik
05-21-2005, 02:06 PM
did not know that.
i use the lime to kill some of the crappy taste....

you guys should learn NOT to take me too seriously :rolleyes:

"festering asshole"
i like that, can i change my name on here? :D

or maybe put it in place of the "advanced biker" thing...?

LostLake
05-21-2005, 03:06 PM
I see these guys with the limes and the ones that stick a lemon in their wheat beers.

Keep the fruit in the old fashioneds where it belongs.

By the way, I just bought a $55 bottle of tequila. I had a sip of it and so far I'm not impressed, but because taste buds change depending on what I just ate and what time of day it is (who drinks beer at 7am?? , well besides Tony and Slice :P ) I will give the expensive liquor another try.

bobber47
05-21-2005, 04:55 PM
mines gotta be VICTORIAN BITTER or as we call it back home VB nice drop

Tony
05-22-2005, 05:26 AM
Now THERES some Bitter to make your mouth water!!! YEAH!!!!

Hotshotrucking
05-22-2005, 04:30 PM
bottomsup When I'm just drinking around I hit the Miller High Life's, some times I treat myself to Honey Brown, or Labatts Blue!

frobozz
05-24-2005, 10:53 PM

Fro...

You would think that since you are so close to the brewery that It would not be so expensive......... bottomsup

Agreed... one would think that. Unfortunately it's about $9 for a 4pack.

Fro...

Shorty
05-30-2005, 07:34 PM
I dont drink alcohol but my honey loves his beer. We used to go to a very small store that sold everything for homebrewing. We went there primarily for the Blackberry Porter but digging around in the coolers one day, waaaay in the back, hidden from view, was a no name, no label beer. I asked the guy about it and he said one of his friends makes it and that he cant officially label it or sell it because it exceeds oregons alcohol content. That bad boy was 10.5!
We moved and would ride 2.5 hours to this store just for the beer, and back home again. What an excuse to get out for a ride!! hehe
The store owner ended up moving and we've never found anything like it again.

BikerBabe
05-30-2005, 10:34 PM
Corona & a Lime
Yup me too...and Tony, flies or no flies, I like the lime. :rolleyes: ;)

Ratbike
05-30-2005, 11:30 PM
I am not much of a beer drinker, but this question is easy. FREE BEER would have to be the best. drunks

hellyeah
05-31-2005, 12:24 AM
Ice cold Canadian with a side of Clamato juice........this juice is something the americans had no idea what i was talking about and gave me tomato instead!!! <_<

We also make "ceasars" with clamato(vodka and clam juice)..another drink that was foreign to the american culture.....but its damn good.

bottomsup

D.N.F.
05-31-2005, 12:46 AM
We also make "ceasars" with clamato(vodka and clam juice)..another drink that was foreign to the american culture.....but its damn good.

bottomsup

And way better than that tomato crap.

drunks

Gig_em
05-31-2005, 01:47 AM
Hands down it has to be Guiness, on tap if possible. That is truly Mother's milk to me. A close second is Shiner Bock. Also, anything cold, wet and frothy when cutting the grass.

LostLake
06-10-2005, 08:53 PM
Ice cold Canadian with a side of Clamato juice........this juice is something the americans had no idea what i was talking about and gave me tomato instead!!! <_<

bottomsup

CLAM JUICE????

Well, I can honestly say I have never tried that.

ScubaStan
06-28-2005, 05:27 PM
Depending on my mood, but for the most part:

Stone Brewing Co. Smoked Porter
Firestone Double Barrel Ale
Newcastle Brown Ale

Stoney
06-28-2005, 05:33 PM
Double xx - Dos Equis. bottomsup bottomsup

dynaRide
06-28-2005, 06:33 PM
Guiness, on tap, Newcastle Brown Ale, Molson Ale, Hoegaardens, South Pacific Export (very Cold) and Modelo Dark.

Way too many Buds and Michelob’s over the years. Just can’t go there anymore. :blink2: juker

Mungo
06-28-2005, 06:37 PM

Fro...

Fro...

Holy Crap!!!

I just read this guys book (pretty good read) $9 for a 4 pack?

I have to admit, I love beer period. My favorite is the old ("yuppie") black and tan. But after being hot and sweaty during the summer, I love Coors Light.

Some of my best days were spent beer bonging Hams light. Does anyone rememebr that stuff? I haven't seen it around in 20 years.

V-Twin
06-28-2005, 07:18 PM
Beer brings teh suck.

My favorite is Rum. Bacardi 1873 Solera.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/FukNRekd/Root/bac_solera.jpg

bikerTrash
07-02-2005, 08:57 PM
Hands down it has to be Guiness, on tap if possible. That is truly Mother's milk to me.

Right on Gig_em. Its the only thing I drink, when available. Other than that I'm a Miller Lite guy, but there's alway a good scotch ready to be poured.

Ironhead80
07-02-2005, 09:37 PM

Fro...

Fro...

Holy Crap!!!

I just read this guys book (pretty good read) $9 for a 4 pack?

I have to admit, I love beer period. My favorite is the old ("yuppie") black and tan. But after being hot and sweaty during the summer, I love Coors Light.

Some of my best days were spent beer bonging Hams light. Does anyone rememebr that stuff? I haven't seen it around in 20 years.

Hamms- that came in 36 packs didn't it? Talk about piss in a can!!!

HDangel
07-02-2005, 09:47 PM
post deleted

coolhawg6622
07-03-2005, 12:59 AM
Paulener Weiss!!!!!!!!!! Holy crap LostLake got me goin on this stuff 10 yrs ago :wub: Its like suckin candy to me. bottomsup

Thanx Buddy drunks

OldSalt
07-03-2005, 01:58 AM
Guiness on tap is my beer!

LostLake
07-05-2005, 04:51 AM
Paulener Weiss!!!!!!!!!! Holy crap LostLake got me goin on this stuff 10 yrs ago :wub: Its like suckin candy to me. bottomsup

Thanx Buddy drunks

No problem... I just sucked a bunch last night and the queen had to drive my sorry ass home :wub:

I'm not an alcoholic. Alcoholics attend meetings. :P

HDangel
07-26-2005, 09:09 PM
post deleted

arthureld
07-26-2005, 09:21 PM
Glad ya like it Angel. Makes it easy to decide what picher to buy.
I like porters and stouts.

VegasNightTrain
09-21-2005, 10:28 PM
I normaly drink Coors Light. Its quick and easy during the summer when I can't brew my own.

My fav. home brew was a Honey Brown Pale Ale. I usely have a poker party after I brew and most every one has liked that one the best. A friend of mine pulled me to the side and asked me what I put in it. He insisted it was not just beer ingredance as he called his wife to come get him. drunks

I also pulled off a perfict Sierra Nevada Nock off that was real good.

SHOVELHEADROB
09-21-2005, 10:55 PM
The only beer I like is the pot that I smoke.
Huh?
I'm such a moron sometimes, heheheheheh :D

Can you tell that I am comfortably numb?

Beer safe yall, hick up. drunks
S.H.R.

wreckerman
09-21-2005, 11:03 PM
the best tasteing beer is free and sometimes cold..works for me!!!

Lisainnh
09-21-2005, 11:15 PM
COORS Light! And it MUST be in a bottle and ice cold! I like them almost to the point of freezing!

Wide
09-21-2005, 11:47 PM
I'm a Corona Man myself.

Other wise I really like COuntry Cider from Canada, will have to go back there to get some more :D

blaw
09-21-2005, 11:56 PM
i love guinness, but drink yuengling lager in the largest volume.

Lowbob
09-22-2005, 12:03 AM
I see a lot of Corona drinkers here. My favorite Mexican beer is Pacifico Clara. I am working on a recipe for my own that is a ways from perfected. Until that time, My all-time favorite is Wild River Harbor Lights, a Kolsch-style ale (whatever the hell that means). :D Of course, Wild River brewery is in Southern Oregon, so I can't get the stuff around here. I have to smuggle it across the border on pack mules when I want some.

TOBYPABP
09-26-2005, 03:59 AM
An Ice cold Bud at Paul Brown Stadium watching the Bengals go 4-0!!!! next Sunday, WHO Dey!!!

Ratbike
09-26-2005, 04:13 AM
What's on sale, good that's it ey. The fav has to be black velvet and ice with a splash of cola. drunks

softailFXST2004
09-26-2005, 04:30 AM
killians irish red!!! :D

Guiness5150
10-19-2005, 10:30 PM
Mine is Bell's Oberon..brewed here in the summer in Grand Rapids (MI)
Great summer Wit.....pick some up!