PDA

View Full Version : Softail Seat

elliottharley
05-18-2005, 03:20 AM
Hey guys, anyone have any suggestions on softail seats? I have a 1997 softail custom with a leather badlander....nice looking seat but uncomfortable as hell, especially for her.....any suggestions on good looking seats but comfortable - I don't want a pillow but there has to be something out there - anyone got anything?

thanks, elliottharley

RCRider
05-18-2005, 03:23 AM
I have a set of Corbins. Very comfortable for both rider and passenger but may be hard to compare to what you need since I'm on a Heritage. Nevertheless they do make very good and comfortable seats.

Good luck!

elliottharley
05-18-2005, 03:35 AM
I hear a lot of good things about corbin however their best looking seat (comparable to the badlander) probably isn't much more comfortable...I am looking at the Danny Gray series - mini touring seat - looks pretty cool and supposedly is very comfortable - tough decision, hate to spend $400 and not get any further than the badlander...

thanks for the info,
elliottharley

Old_Evo
05-18-2005, 03:51 AM
I have this seat for sale. Very comfortable came off my 95 heritage also have a back rest. Don't think they make these any more or least is what I was told. If interested just send me a PM

Wide
05-18-2005, 05:09 AM
I hear a lot of good things about corbin

Mike Corbin will do any custom seat you can think of in any shape size or softness.

If your ever in Hollister drop by his shop & they will do a custom seat for you in 1 day & I mean 1 day

I was just there a few weeks ago & they are creanking out really great custom work

Highly reccomended :D

Buster
05-19-2005, 02:21 AM
If your looking for a seat sold by Harley, you might look at their Sundowner series. I have one that I use for road trips and a solo Corbin that I ride around town. The Sundowner is by far the most comfotable seat I have ever sat on. The passenger pillion is actually wide and thick enough for someone to sit on and be comfortable. I don't like the looks of it but it is a comfy ride.

Kagan
05-19-2005, 03:21 AM
Hey guys, anyone have any suggestions on softail seats? I have a 1997 softail custom with a leather badlander....nice looking seat but uncomfortable as hell, especially for her.....any suggestions on good looking seats but comfortable - I don't want a pillow but there has to be something out there - anyone got anything?

thanks, elliottharley

I understand your passenger's complaints. Check my gallery. My wife rode on that for 9 years! Now we have a RoadKing and yes, it has a Sundowner. I always look at the "significant other" when someone chooses a seat. The simple truth is that a Badlander passenger seat is as comfortable as a rolled up t-shirt. No big deal if you're taking a hottie home for a quickie, but for long rides with someone you care about, not an option. If you're looking to keep the rear end streamlined AND comfort... all I can say is good luck. You're going to have to admit at some point that you care more about HER rear end than YOURS. And if you don't... well... heh... get used to the couch. :rolleyes:

elliottharley
05-20-2005, 02:13 AM
Well I decided to stay with the badlander for solo riding and when she goes I will have a new seat - called a custom 2 up by harley. I had to order it so not totally sure what it entails but was told by the shop it was comparable to a stock deuce seat which is 1000 times better than that damn badlander, hell I might like it enough to always leave it on....

PS - I know what you mean about the coach - it was starting to feel like the badlander, that is why I started this process :)

thanks guys for the info.
elliottharley

TexasFatBoy
05-20-2005, 04:44 PM
Best seat I've ever ridden on is my current seat from Saddlemen. This is the Explorer Classic, but they've got lots of great models to choose from - 500+ miles a day and no complaints from me or the wife.

http"//www.saddlemen.com

elliottharley
06-03-2005, 05:49 AM
In case anyone was wondering, I purchased the HD seat and couldn't be happier, hell of a seat, passenger loves it too....here is a link just in case anyone is curious....

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=84552444184345 5&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374309061197&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374309061197&bmUID=1117773968273&bmLocale=en_US

elliottharley