PDA

View Full Version : LostLake...here's the Pilsner recipe

Slice
05-19-2005, 12:13 AM
All Malt Pilsner:

6 lbs. plain light malt extract
1/2 lb. of Cara-Pils crushed malt
1 oz. of Northern Brewer Hops (Bittering)
1/2 oz. Saaz hops (flavoring)
1 oz Saaz hops (finishing)
Munton and Fison Ale Yeast

Steep grains for 45 mins. at temps not to exceed 170

Bittering for 60 minutes. with 20 left add flavoring hops. with imunte left add finishing hops.

Simple recipe with a most satisfying result!

bottomsup bottomsup

Tony
05-19-2005, 12:38 AM
Thanks Slice!

LostLake
05-20-2005, 01:00 AM
Thanks Slice! That is dang near the recipe I am enjoying now... except I used 8 lbs of light malt, 1 pound of wheat steeped for 45 minutes, and I used Wyeast 1056 American. To make the process easier yet, I threw 1 oz of Halletaur at start of boil, boiled for 55 mins, then 1 oz Saaz in at 5 mins before the end of the boil.

Okay it's not so much the same, but it kind of is, and it sure is scumptious with the wheat in it!!!

Slice
05-20-2005, 01:38 AM
Thanks Slice! That is dang near the recipe I am enjoying now... except I used 8 lbs of light malt, 1 pound of wheat steeped for 45 minutes, and I used Wyeast 1056 American. To make the process easier yet, I threw 1 oz of Halletaur at start of boil, boiled for 55 mins, then 1 oz Saaz in at 5 mins before the end of the boil.

Okay it's not so much the same, but it kind of is, and it sure is scumptious with the wheat in it!!!

I'm sipping on this one right now! Good stuff!

I've been thinking about adding wheat to some of these recipes. I'd like a tad more body and better head retention.

You can bet I'll make this one again. It's cheap and easy, and while nothing exotic, it sure tastes good for a stock drinking beer.

LostLake
06-10-2005, 08:57 PM
You can bet I'll make this one again. It's cheap and easy, and while nothing exotic, it sure tastes good for a stock drinking beer.

You gotta be a real beer drinker to know what a 'Stock Drinking Beer' is...

This is a term those 'Bud Draw!!' drinkers do not understand B)