PDA

View Full Version : I think I am in love!

BikerBabe
05-22-2005, 04:28 PM
Ok folks, it happened. I can't believe it, I never thought it would, but it did.

fatbastard and I took a ride over to the Harley Dealer yesterday to scope out some scoots. I sat on the Deluxe, a few Road Kings and some Fattys. They all were nice, but nothing....no va va voom, if ya know what I mean. I thought I would ask the sales woman what colors she had in stock for all three models. She went through her long list and came upon a black pearl and black cherry Fatboy which wasn't on the floor. I almost said no when she asked if I wanted to see it. Good thing I didn't cuz whenever they rolled her on out...va va va voom!!! Love at first sight!!!
She is the most pretty thing I have ever seen!!! I am in Love!!! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Let the negotiations begin.woot

arthureld
05-22-2005, 04:39 PM
Cool bb883,

So, which one ya goin for the black pearl or the black cherry?

Good luck with the negotiating. :)

BikerBabe
05-22-2005, 04:49 PM
Cool bb883,

So, which one ya goin for the black pearl or the black cherry?

Good luck with the negotiating. :)
Oooops, I guess I am so dang excited that I didn't mention that it is two-tone, black cherry and black pearl. :rolleyes: :lol:

arthureld
05-22-2005, 05:20 PM
Ya mean like this-

Tony
05-22-2005, 05:24 PM
NICE!!!!!!!!!

Glad you finally found omething that knocks your socks off! THATS what you needed to find. Keep us up to date on what you do!

Wide
05-22-2005, 06:32 PM
Grab it girl!!!!! :D

LR24
05-22-2005, 06:47 PM
Ya mean like this-

That picture doesn't really look like the real colors, when you see it on the floor, you're hooked.....I guess that's why I have one in my garage...BB go for it. :)

arthureld
05-22-2005, 07:21 PM
Ya mean like this-

That picture doesn't really look like the real colors, when you see it on the floor, you're hooked.....I guess that's why I have one in my garage...BB go for it. :)

Yea, I know what you mean. I have a black pearl Road King and it looks totally different than the pic when it's in the sun. The pic of my bike just looks black.

jazda
05-22-2005, 08:15 PM
BB......sweet........ girl you go for it...... you won't regret it one bit...... after a couple of miles on that Fatboy you'll be married to it........
B)

Itsvegasbaby
05-22-2005, 08:27 PM
Fat bastard....Fatboy, do I see some similarities here? I like the black cherry too. I have it on my Heritage and it looks great out in the sun. Just buy it, then you won't have to worry about that windshield on your Sporty. :P

EasyJim
05-22-2005, 09:37 PM
Sounds like a match made in heaven girl!
Ain't love a wonderful thing! :wub:

wreckerman
05-22-2005, 09:38 PM
The first black cherry bike I seen was Slice's RK and at first I thought it looked like shit but didn't want to offend him, but after seeing it a few times in the sun the color definitly grabs you. Sometimes looks reddish other times has a brownish tone, and still other times looks black. That is a very trick color. As for the bike if it makes the nips hard go for it, that's what I do. :D

BikerBabe
05-23-2005, 12:13 AM
Ya mean like this-

We have the same taste LR24! She really is pretty....you have to see her in person to appreciate her beauty! :wub:
You paid $19,500 out the door? Did you add any accesories to her in that price?
We haven't started negotiating on the price yet....I hate that part. <_< They're asking $19,200. It has a security alarm thingy.

art, thanks for posting the pic!!!

As for the bike if it makes the nips hard go for it, that's what I do.
Giggling as I write...yes, yes she does! :wub:

Robustus
05-23-2005, 12:46 AM
Good luck and remember what Walt Disney taught us all, ( Dreams do come true) when you wish upon a Harley!

Would you change your name from "BikerBabe883" to BikerBabetwin 88's boobs

NY90
05-23-2005, 12:56 AM
I can't wait to see you riding that Fatboy at Laconia Bike Week.
But beware BB....you'll be causing a bunch of accidents though! ^_^

Growlpipe
05-23-2005, 12:58 AM
That's damn nice BB. A Fatboy.............that's awesome!!!!!!

LR24
05-23-2005, 01:41 AM
BB it was going to be $19,500 out the door, with alarm and it is fuel injected, then I added The V&H Big Sot Staggered Pipes, The S/E air cleaner, Chip Burn, Detachable Sideplates, Sissy Bar and the Chrome & Rubber Grips for a total of $21,000.....and you know what?..No regrets and a big smile on my face every time I get on it........BTW I'm sorry I couln't make to Mohegan, you guys looked like you had a great time, I'll make sure to make it to next get together, I'm not much of a drinker but it sure would be fun to hang out and bullshit with you guys for a while.

LostLake
05-23-2005, 02:05 AM
Sounds awesome BB883 or BBFatty, Ewww, not that... BB88, BB1450

Good luck with negotiating!!

Harley-Ray
05-23-2005, 03:29 AM
I think her new name should be "Fatty-rider".

;)

P.S. Beautiful scooter, enjoy, if you thought you smiled alot on your Sporty, wait til you but a v-twin between your legs.

bfred
05-23-2005, 04:11 PM
Good luck with negotiating!!

What he said. That black cherry pearl is a very sharp color. Best of luck BB!

momsridin
05-23-2005, 09:37 PM
if you thought you smiled alot on your Sporty, wait til you but a v-twin between your legs.

Couldn't say it better. I hope your dream's come true.

BikerBabe
05-23-2005, 11:16 PM
if you thought you smiled alot on your Sporty, wait til you but a v-twin between your legs.

Thanks mom! I've been wondering if your ears have been ringing....I have been talking about you a lot lately! Thanks for your words of encouragement! :)

Thanks to all you guys....this place rocks! :wub:

Growlpipe
05-24-2005, 01:34 AM
Well? BB?? Did ya get it? Whats up? Did ya get the Fatty??? The suspense is killing me...........................I wanna see pics damn it!!!!

BikerBabe
05-24-2005, 01:47 AM
Well? BB?? Did ya get it? Whats up? Did ya get the Fatty??? The suspense is killing me...........................I wanna see pics damn it!!!!
I went to the dealer today, checked out the bike with hubby, btw, he loves it, and then we left. I found another dealer not too far from here that has the same exact fatty but is fuel injected. So I am leaning toward that and will most likely do something this weekend. I really can't wait!! I wanna ride it now!!! boobs

Growlpipe
05-24-2005, 01:53 AM
I went to the dealer today, checked out the bike with hubby, btw, he loves it, and then we left. I found another dealer not too far from here that has the same exact fatty but is fuel injected. So I am leaning toward that and will most likely do something this weekend. I really can't wait!! I wanna ride it now!!! boobs

Cool!!! Good luck. I can't wait to hear that you got it!

I think I would go with the EFI. ;)

BikerBabe
05-24-2005, 01:58 AM

Thanks GP! That seems to be the consensus around here, that's why I didn't purchase the bike tonight. I can't wait to call the other dealer and have him hold it for me....I am feeling a wee bit anxious!

Tony
05-24-2005, 02:16 AM
Same here....EFI would be my choice as well.

Growlpipe
05-24-2005, 02:17 AM

Thanks GP! That seems to be the consensus around here, that's why I didn't purchase the bike tonight. I can't wait to call the other dealer and have him hold it for me....I am feeling a wee bit anxious!

:) :) :)

NY90
05-24-2005, 03:57 AM
Hey BikerBabe....at least your saying Fuel Injection....Carburated, Fuel Injection...Carburated, instead of........Harley...Dinette set...... :lol:

momsridin
05-24-2005, 12:13 PM

Thanks mom! I've been wondering if your ears have been ringing....I have been talking about you a lot lately! Thanks for your words of encouragement! :)

Thanks to all you guys....this place rocks! :wub:
Don't mind my ears ringing a bit. I can't wait to hear from you after you have ridden her the first time. I went on my first mountain ride on Sunday. 150 miles through alot of twisties. I can now say I have lost my curve virginity. WoW what a day. I just love my Fatboy. You gotta post as soon as you do your first ride and let me know what you think. I'm so excited for you. I really do think you will be tickled pink!!!!

LR24
05-24-2005, 01:05 PM
BB if you get the FI you're gonna love it, just cranking it, let it warm a few seconds and go...The only thing you're gonna miss is the sound when the bike is idling, FI idles a little faster and you lose a little bit of the "potato, potato" trademark Harley sound...Other than that I love it, and you will too.

BikerBabe
05-26-2005, 02:57 PM
BB if you get the FI you're gonna love it, just cranking it, let it warm a few seconds and go...The only thing you're gonna miss is the sound when the bike is idling, FI idles a little faster and you lose a little bit of the "potato, potato" trademark Harley sound...Other than that I love it, and you will too.
I don't think my Sporty ever had the "potato, potato" sound! :lol:
Thanks LR....I know you may have answered this already, but, did you put on any extras, like saddlebags or the such?

05-26-2005, 03:32 PM
The only thing you're gonna miss is the sound when the bike is idling, FI idles a little faster and you lose a little bit of the "potato, potato" trademark Harley sound
You don't want to lower the idle speed on a TC88 EFI engine to try to get the "potato, potato" sound. If you succeed in lowering the idle speed, you will be lowering the oil pressure -- starving it of its life-blood. Your bike will hate you for it. Do it long enough and the engine will overheat and try to destroy itself in protest!

The last Harley engine that really know how to make the "potato, potato" sound was the shovelhead!

Buy the EFI engine, do the Stage I kit, stick some throaty cans on it and fugetaboutit.

If you really want to make a racket, ask the parts guy to show you the "performance/racing" catalog and select some "racing mufflers" -- not found in the regular H-D parts catalog.

badfx
05-26-2005, 05:08 PM
I would suggest a little more time on that sportster ...... just my thought...... i don't really have a reason.,.....................lol

Mungo
05-26-2005, 06:40 PM
Would you change your name from "BikerBabe883" to BikerBabetwin 88's boobs

Oh my indeed!

BikerBabe
05-27-2005, 12:27 AM
The only thing you're gonna miss is the sound when the bike is idling, FI idles a little faster and you lose a little bit of the "potato, potato" trademark Harley sound
You don't want to lower the idle speed on a TC88 EFI engine to try to get the "potato, potato" sound. If you succeed in lowering the idle speed, you will be lowering the oil pressure -- starving it of its life-blood. Your bike will hate you for it. Do it long enough and the engine will overheat and try to destroy itself in protest!

The last Harley engine that really know how to make the "potato, potato" sound was the shovelhead!

Buy the EFI engine, do the Stage I kit, stick some throaty cans on it and fugetaboutit.

If you really want to make a racket, ask the parts guy to show you the "performance/racing" catalog and select some "racing mufflers" -- not found in the regular H-D parts catalog.
Wow EBAY, thanks! :)

Tony
05-27-2005, 01:38 AM
...The last Harley engine that really know how to make the "potato, potato" sound was the shovelhead!

And damn that was a great sound!!!