PDA

View Full Version : ebay

thorsblood
09-06-2004, 01:26 AM
Sorry Wrecker for leading you into ebay hell. There is a matched set for that rim you checked. I have em both saved to myebay. Personally I can say I have successfully purchased alot of parts on ebay and gotten some good deals. Just have to become familiar with the process, know how much shits worth and what your really willing to pay. There are assholes out there that screw up a good deal from time to time and you got to just be willing to let shit go. I check ebay every day. I just put in flht or flhr and there are usually about 4-6 pages of parts that pop up. I look em over and if its anything I am lookin for I check it out more closely. Then I check on the person selling. If all looks good, I will bid. If it goes over my bid thats it. I am out. Pretty simple but you can expect to lose out on alot of stuff you bid on.

wreckerman
09-06-2004, 01:50 AM
thorsblood , well that is very good that you have them saved and i still would go 300 for them both so tell me what do you suggest i do ?? the moneyis not a problem and i now the fright would be extra , i am open to suggestion's

Spoiler
09-06-2004, 03:11 AM
I don't know about you Thorsblood, but in terms of bike parts on e-bay I have found out the best time to buy is during the off riding months. The prices will be at their lowest around the end of November through January. The competition will be less as people begin to hibernate, and store their bikes for the winter. Those who lack sufficient storage space will be looking to get rid of parts they don't really have room for. During Spring and Summer the prices are at their highest with people fixing up their rides and stuff. If you can't get them for $300.00 or less now something will turn up. In a couple months sellers will be begging for you to buy their parts as their interest in riding lessens, and their need for Christmas money etc.. greatens.

thorsblood
09-06-2004, 07:09 AM
Wrecker, after I posted about those wheels I went back and deleted them from myebay I only was watching them in case they were a real steal. They are sold now anyhow, and when I last seen them they were in the 127.00 for the front and somewhat less for the rear. I ain't sure on the shipping. I mentioned those in particular because they were new take offs and from the same scoot. But, there are a couple more rear rims and I think one front rim from different sellers on there right now. There is a rear rim with less than a day of bidding left for 50 bucks that no one has bid on yet. Just go to ebay and enter flhr in the search box. Theres about 5 pages of parts. If you put in flht you get alot of the same items but sometimes some different. Also Harley Fairing. You will find alot being sold on there. If you want to bid, you gotta sign up with them. I been using them for about 2 years and have had some good luck on deals, and sold my goldwing overnight when I couldnt sell it locally. Guy drove all the way to MI from Maryland with a u-haul and picked it up a day later. Gave me more than I expected to get too. I got a couple bids on there right now for some pipes and some fork lowers. I just put the amount I am willing to pay and wait and see. Usually get outbid but sometimes I get a deal. Pirate is right too. Best deals during winter. But there is always 5-6 pages of flht parts on there. Sometimes folks list the shipping cost, sometimes it has to be calculated by zipcode. I pay with paypal which is using my debit card. No problems so far. Thats about it, if you need to know any thing else let me know, happy to help.

Spoiler
09-06-2004, 07:31 PM
Wreckerman, I found a set listed under Harley Davidson Road King. They are '03 but appear to be the same rim. The set is selling complete with tires that appear to be Dunlops.

**e-bay ad**

You are bidding on a set of 2003 Harley Davidson Road King factory wheels and tires. I recently switched to the laced wheels and wide whitewall tires.

The wheels are the nine spoke in excellent condition with no scratches, dents, or dings. The tires are the tubeless "pinner" whitewall and are sized as follows: 1) Front - MT90B16 M/C 72H, and 2) Rear MT90B16 M/C 74H with only 1,800 miles.

I accept PayPal and Money Orders/Cashiers Checks only, no personal checks, please. I expect to be paid withion five (5) working days of the end of the auction.

I ship only to the Continental United States. I am not responsible for loss or damage due to shipping. Please e-mail me if you wish optional shipping insurance. I live in the Upstate of South Carolina and it can be arranged to pick items up in person.

I am starting with a low minimum and no reserve. Happy bidding.

**end e-bay ad**

The current bid is $155.99 for the set, and there is six days left in the auction.

I imagine you would not want the tires, but sometimes you can still get a good low price even with extras attached.

If they are of interest to you here is a link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=35578&item=2489017009&rd=1

wreckerman
09-06-2004, 11:44 PM
thanks pirate, i will have my wife cheak into it and see about bidding on it might wait a few days as not to hype the price up intell it is ready to sell

Spoiler
09-12-2004, 09:21 PM
The set with tires included ended up selling for $283.78. In a couple months the prices should be even lower. groucho

wreckerman
09-12-2004, 09:29 PM
thanks pirate i was bidding on them , i stop at 210 i thought that was as high as i wanted to go , i will still keep a eye on the e bay site and see what ealse pops up

WolfSpectre
09-12-2004, 09:53 PM
That is the thing you have to do, wrecker. Decide on how much you care to spend on that particular item, deduct the shipping, and let the amount left over be as high as you will go. I feel that you have a good constitution and will have no problem with that.

On the other hand, I have seen people bidding on something that they "really" want and let things get out of hand. They then end up spending much more than they wanted to.

wreckerman
09-12-2004, 10:18 PM
wolf you nailed it , i am a cheap sob to start with if i get it fine if i dont there is alway other time it is just for a project bike that i am thinking of bulding so there is no rush and when i have all the stuff i want i will put it togeather

thorsblood
09-13-2004, 04:32 PM
I just got a set of fork lower sliders for 15 bucks plus 10 for shipping. I have bid on probably 15 -30 sets of em over the past two years.
They usually end up going for close to 40 bucks which is probably worth it if your in a hurry, but I also am a cheap sob. Patience and regular checks is the key. I lost out on a set of used thundercones I really wanted last week though. A guy waited until the last 10 minutes and I could not keep up with him. He won em for a couple bucks more than me. Oh well. Theres another set on this week. WTF. :D

Wide
09-13-2004, 04:47 PM
Thor, your doing it the right way, exercise patenice when bidding & dont get caught up in the "I got to have it!"

I got an all original tour pac set with a quick release for my 65, they only made them for one year specific to the 65, was great find :)