PDA

View Full Version : Any new News on the Brewing front.???????

Rusty
07-26-2005, 03:48 PM
I know I have not been able to brew due to the high temps here in the summer..........But have already been planning on some good brews starting at the end of September. The temps here in NE Oklahoma have been in the 100's pretty much everyday for over a week now. And yes, I'm ready for some cooler riding and brewing weather.............

Tony
07-26-2005, 09:52 PM
Same thing here with the temps. And usualy we have brown outs during the hottest days of July and August, so I havent started a new one yet. Thats all I need, make a nice all grain batch only to have the power out for a night and have a wild temperature change to spoil it.

I still want to get a large horizontal freezer with a good temperature range to be able to set up fermentation temps, either lagering or ales. That way the temps will be constant and not vary a single degree.

Im thinking of setting up for kegging as well now. I had a fish tank with live plants set up that I used a co2 set up for that Im not using any more, so I have the co2 tanks and gauges, now just need the rest and a good small twin keg refrigerator.

Rusty
07-26-2005, 10:07 PM
Im thinking of setting up for kegging as well now. I had a fish tank with live plants set up that I used a co2 set up for that Im not using any more, so I have the co2 tanks and gauges, now just need the rest and a good small twin keg refrigerator.

Getting the Co2 tank and guages are half the battle. You can get the hose's and and a cobra tap for under $20 and used kegs cost about $15/ea. http://www.homebrewing.org