PDA

View Full Version : New Muffs! Strange Sounds!

hdgeezerglide
08-13-2004, 03:48 AM
Howdy!
I bought my 2002 HD FLHTCUI last month. It had an SE air box on it with stock mufflers when I bought it. The service manager at the dealership said it had a stage 1 ecu map in it, and I could install Hooker tuned flow mufflers without re-mapping. I ordered a set of Hooker tuned flow mufflers. They got here today. I installed them, started the bike, rode it, and it runs like a bat out of hell. Very quick and very responsive to the throttle. The mufflers are tuned for torque....not horsepower. There are strange things though. When off the gas, the motor pops occasionally. Is this normal? Is it too lean? Should I get it re-mapped? Also, the right muffler gets hotter than the left, and feels like it has more exhaust pressure coming from it than the left. Is this because of the crossover pipe? BTW, headers are stock. Advice is greatly appreciated.

wreckerman
08-13-2004, 03:54 AM
the poping sound you are hereing is very normal, it can be eased by installing a fuel riching device, but it will hurt nothing by leaving it alone also it is not on common for the right side exsaust to be hotter 70% of your exsaust comes out that pipe because of the cross over true duells is the only way to stop that , you are fine just go out and run the bike you are doing no harm B)

hdgeezerglide
08-13-2004, 03:59 AM
Thanks, Wreckerman.

wreckerman
08-13-2004, 04:33 AM
ANY TIME YOUR WELCOME