Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Studded Tank Panel for '06 FLSTCI - holes don't line up

Senior Member Hardcore Biker

Studded Tank Panel for '06 FLSTCI - holes don't line up

Hello,

I have an '06 Heritage Classic. I bought 91129-01 leather tank panel w/concho & chrome spots. It says it's for '00-later softails. I loosened the acorn nut and lifted the console and removed the stock vinyl h panel. The panel has a couple holes in it that line up with a couple studs on the underside of the console. The holes on the new leather panel don't line up with the studs. I could drill or punch new holes, but I'd be cutting through the stitching for the leather. Shouldn't this just be a drop-in fit? Do you think they changed the hole/stud pattern for the '06? Or has everybody encountered this on other year models?

Thanks,
    Bruce on an '06 FLSTCI

Senior Member Senior Member

Re: Studded Tank Panel for '06 FLSTCI - holes don't line up

It would appear that only the rear hole position is used on Softails. FXDWG's use an o'ring. Both models require the use of the tank securing clips.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Kagan
    It would appear that only the rear hole position is used on Softails. FXDWG's use an o'ring. Both models require the use of the tank securing clips.
    Kagan,

I cannot open the 91129-01.pdf file that you attached. It's listed as a pdf file, but it downloads as a php file. I can't open a php file.

Is 91129-01.pdf a set of instructions? Is there someplace on-line that these documents are available? I would like to be able to review instruction sheets when/before I decide to buy new accessories.

Thanks,
    Bruce on an '06 FLSTCI

bnaudie - I converted the .pdf to a jpeg image for ya to look at directly. Just click on it to view full size.

Welcome to the HCG! 1beer
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Stapp's Ironical Paradox: "The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle."

[quote="bnaudieIs 91129-01.pdf a set of instructions? Is there someplace on-line that these documents are available? I would like to be able to review instruction sheets when/before I decide to buy new accessories.

Thanks,[/quote]

As a dealer employee, I have access to h-dnet.com. Any time you'd like to see instruction sheets just let me know. I can't explain why it wouldn't open for you. Thanks TFB for converting it!

Quote Originally Posted by bnaudie
    Is 91129-01.pdf a set of instructions? Is there someplace on-line that these documents are available? I would like to be able to review instruction sheets when/before I decide to buy new accessories.

Thanks,
    As a dealer employee, I have access to h-dnet.com. Any time you'd like to see instruction sheets just let me know. I can't explain why it wouldn't open for you. Thanks TFB for converting it!
    My pleasure sir. Not sure why it didin't open for bnaudie either - could be settings in the browser somewhere - opened as a .pdf for me. Ah well, we got it covered!
    Stapp's Ironical Paradox: "The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle."

Thanks guys. I've read the instructions now, but they don't jive with what I'm looking at. The studs on the underside of the console rest on the leather tank panel and keep the console up from the gas tank. The console will apparently not go back down flush to the gas tank unless I punch holes in the leather tank panel for the studs to rest in. I can punch the holes if I have to, I was just curious what the HD solution was.
    Bruce on an '06 FLSTCI

I'll look at one more closely tomorrow at work.

I'll look at one more closely tomorrow at work.
    Thanks Kagan....
    Bruce on an '06 FLSTCI

OK, I checked it out this morning. The chrome console should have a cutout to accomodate the leather panel. You secure the rear hole with the stock screw and secure the two forward holes with the clips. If you're saying that the panel won't fit under the console then I'm stumped. I guess you're going to need to punch holes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast