Thread: Entering Personal Security Number

Junior Member Just broke my cherry!

Entering Personal Security Number

I just learned that if the alarm is activated but the key fobs are lost, the alarm module must be replaced. To prevent this a five number security code can be entered using the turn signal buttons. I believe I am following directions but the new number won't "take." I even tried letting the system tell me what numbers are in there but it reports back as all ones. That code does not work to disarm the system. Any ideas?

Senior Member Senior Member

Re: Entering Personal Security Number

Not sure what the factory preset is but both of my bikes were set at 2-2-2-2-2. Not sure if the dealership did it or if HD did it.

Senior Member Senior Member Blackcloud41's Avatar

I believe the dealers set it. Mine was 1-1-1-1-1, but I was able to change it. After making the change, I made sure I was able to "use" the code to disarm the system. Mine worked. If yours reports all ones, then you are doing something wrong.
    Make sure you have the fob present, then turn the ignition to ign, then off, then ign, then off, then ign (ign 3 times). Quickly press the left turn signal 3 times. Press the right turn signal 1 time. Your signals should flash 3 times and the factory pin should appear in the odometer and the first digit (1) should be flashing. Now use the left turn signal to change the number from a 1 to the number of your choice, then use the right turn signal to "store" that number and move on to the next digit.
    Summary: Ign 3 times, left 3 times, right 1 time. Then left to change, right to store.
    Using the pin to disarm the system is different of course.
    Turn to ign, then quickly press and hold both turn signals until confirmation (odometer changes to hes waiting for input). Then left to change, right to store.
    Hope this helps.
    Leave the gun.....take the cannoli

If I had known I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself!

Senior Member Hardcore Biker 1524montana's Avatar

I know this is an old post but I just tried doing my code. It worked perfect. I did a search to learn how to change the code entered by the stealership I purchased it from. Once I feel like getting off my arse, I'm going to change it to a more unique code. I highly recommend you learn how to do this. If you ever lose your FOB or your battery dies you'll be able to start your bike. FYI, mine was not 1-1-1-1-1.

HCG Technical HCG TechnicalSenior Member JD's Avatar

+1 everyone with a newer bike should set this code (while their FOB is still working properly) and record it in a safe but accessable place. Chances are you will need to use it at some point

Administrator AdminSenior Member Wide's Avatar

Made a sticky
    .-/c-.,_ /
    (_)'==(_)

Looking for a 74 or 80 inch UL flathead , any condition, contact me if you have one for sale

Junior Member Just broke my cherry! dandolfn's Avatar
    I had the same problem.

Finally, since I had to go to the dealer anyway for a recall, I paid them to re-set it for me.

It was worth it to avoid the aggravation.