Thread: repainted my bike AGAIN

HCG Technical HCG TechnicalSenior Member

repainted my bike AGAIN

I could not stand the orange color on my bike....I kept thinking that the paint job looked like some yuppie version of a screaming eagle.....

so I stripped it, and shot it again. This time it is sapphire candy pearl, with clowns on the tank....
    Funny thing about the clowns. I found the image on line, and liked it. Then the first show I entered the bike in, with the new paint, there was someone selling patches.....She had one of the same clown....so now it is on one of my coats.....

I let my mind wander.......It never came back

Supporter HCG SupporterSenior Member Wild1Poet2's Avatar

Nice !

Is that overspray on the brake pedal arm? Knowing you I'm guessing you painted the control arms and floorboard bases.
    Life is best experienced in the company of a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild1Poet2 View Post
    Nice !

Is that overspray on the brake pedal arm? Knowing you I'm guessing you painted the control arms and floorboard bases.
    guilty....Even the bottom of the oil pan is painted, the calipers, and handlebar controls are color matched as well.Even the shocks were stripped apart, and painted...LOL
    Last edited by Heretic; 10-26-2010 at 06:23 PM.

LOL you took your shock apart and painted it! You are very meticulous ain't you.

I think I have the market cornered on screwey stuff on that bike.....

I kept the locks from the hard bags, that came on the bike. The left side FXR sidecover is screwed to a hinge, and the rear fastener hole now has one of those locks mounted inside it....Unlocking that gives you access to the tool box under the seat. The other bag lock is now inside the helmet lock (I gutted the original lock, and put that one inside the housing, so one key was all that was necessary)

You don't see too many other bikes exactly like your that's for sure. Which is what makes it cool.

Last night I saw one of those metric rocket bikes with an extended swingarm. It went by me on the highway at night with blue LED lights illuminating the rear tire. It looked cool but I wondered how it handled. Those rockets have steep rakes so I wonder what happens when you stretch out the rear swingarm? I never see harleys with stretched swingarms except for those hill climbers. I wouldn't want anything that would make it prone to a high speed wobble. They scare the beejeezus out of me.

Senior Member Senior Member Cary's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wild1Poet2 View Post
    You don't see too many other bikes exactly like your that's for sure. Which is what makes it cool.

Last night I saw one of those metric rocket bikes with an extended swingarm. It went by me on the highway at night with blue LED lights illuminating the rear tire. It looked cool but I wondered how it handled. Those rockets have steep rakes so I wonder what happens when you stretch out the rear swingarm? I never see harleys with stretched swingarms except for those hill climbers. I wouldn't want anything that would make it prone to a high speed wobble. They scare the beejeezus out of me.
    Last year my bike was doing the high speed wobble thing. Really sucked. One guy tried to tell me the engine mounts were bad and causing it. He tried to sell me on removing the engine to fix it. I took it to another guy who tightened my rear spokes and solved it.
    Life is about how much fun you can cram in, between busting your ass to pay for it.

Cary

yeah a lot of different things can cause it. It's usually something simple like low tire pressure in the front. But sometimes its harder to figure out. When it hits, you're usually really cranking good and it starts oscillating worse and worse. I find shutting off the throttle and/or braking makes it worse. Easing off
    speed usually lets you ride it out. Meanwhile you're life flashes before your eyes.

Senior Member Hardcore Biker 1524montana's Avatar

Get a haircut.

Quote Originally Posted by 1524montana View Post
    Get a haircut.

But my hair is cool, and gives me the right "biker" image