Thread: Whatever happen to

Senior Member Senior Member Hellswraith's Avatar

Whatever happen to

The good old days of us posting ride events and get togethers ??

Man I was amazed to see 2011 as the last post on this forum..

It took me 5 years at my current job to get weekends off again but I'm back and thinking of getting another ride soon....

Does anyone that lives in Texas still post here anymore / get together ??

Dave
    A tout le monde , A tout mes amis
    Je vous aime , Je dois partir
    These are the last words , I'll ever speak
    And they'll set me free !!

Senior Member Senior Member
    I live in South Florida most of the time, and this is why I belong to the local HOG chapter. It gives me a group to ride with.

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming Woo-Hoo, what a ride! Live for the moment".

Senior Member Hardcore Biker Robby's Avatar

I live in the DFW area. I still ride but don't do the 500/600 mile days anymore. Age has taken its tole on durability. LOL
    Jack of all trades, Master of none

I can do the long days, I just don't see the point. I don't need to be anywhere, so I take my time. Our last ride to Oregon, we didn't do any 500 mile days. We did do a 400, but that was because of closed roads in Idaho, so I consider it an accident. When I get tired, I stop. The HOG ride yesterday over to Goodland was 400 miles round trip, and I didn't go. I knew that when I got halfway back, I would be ready to get off. But there would be 200 miles to go.

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming Woo-Hoo, what a ride! Live for the moment".

HCG Technical HCG SupporterHCG TechnicalSenior Member Relic's Avatar
    Yep, things have slowed down here quite a bit. I don't know what happened, I think Social Media sites have eaten at our members. Either that or, judging from the age of most of, they're dead.

Anytime ya want to go for a ride, ship that sucker over here and I'll show ya the sites. Hint: Don't come during the rainy season.
    My Golf Swing is so bad, I look like a caveman killing his lunch.

Is a rental possible? And, When is the rainy season?

Senior Member Senior Member RacingOrangeRoadster's Avatar

Come to Atlanta and I'll ride with you. Age and a bad Pancreas have taken a toll on me too, but I still ride as much as I can.

HCG Technical HCG SupporterHCG TechnicalSenior Member Relic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wvfox View Post
    Is a rental possible? And, When is the rainy season?

Rentals are possible and the rainy season is between January and December. :-)
    My Golf Swing is so bad, I look like a caveman killing his lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Relic View Post
    Rentals are possible and the rainy season is between January and December. :-)
    I figured the climate was about the same as that in West Virginia. You might do a one day ride dry, but multiple days? Forget it.