Thread: Monday madness

Administrator AdminSenior Member Wide's Avatar

Monday madness

Morning all

Giants are out so on to the next team

Monday lazy is here. did lots yard work yesterday and rained all night again. They say more rain wed thur
    One of the wettest times I remember out here I bet the rest of the country is getting nailed also.

Stopped by a ducati shop here WOW is all I can say. Those oldies are just insane.
    .-/c-.,_ /
    (_)'==(_)

Looking for a 74 or 80 inch UL flathead , any condition, contact me if you have one for sale

Supporter HCG SupporterSenior Member Wild1Poet2's Avatar

Howdy everybody. I'm in late. Been tied up in mtgs with attorneys all day.

It 9 degrees when I left the house this morn. But today's cars got good heat, good defrosters, heated seats, heated outside mirrors. Some got heated steering wheels. In the old days we sat on a cold plastic vinyl seat in a drafty car with a crappy defroster. We kept a rag on the seat next to us to wipe the inside of the windows down.

When I drive in snow storms, there is always a problem with ice build up on the left side of the windshield where the wiper blade pushes the snow over. I have no idea why the OEM's don't just put a heating filament down the windshield on the left side to prevent that. I know the front windshield is safety glass and maybe the heating filament would make it more prone to shatter and open up someone's carotid artery in an accident.

So as the ice builds up during the storm I have to roll down the window and stick my hand outside and clear the ice away. In the future they will probably have a robotic arm that rolls down the window and reaches out to clear the ice away.
    Life is best experienced in the company of a woman.
    Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.

I see Victory Motorcycles is shutting down. They're owned by Polaris which also owns Indian so they were probably cannibalizing sales from each other.

HCG Technical HCG TechnicalSenior Member JD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild1Poet2 View Post
    Howdy everybody. I'm in late. Been tied up in mtgs with attorneys all day.

It 9 degrees when I left the house this morn. But today's cars got good heat, good defrosters, heated seats, heated outside mirrors. Some got heated steering wheels. In the old days we sat on a cold plastic vinyl seat in a drafty car with a crappy defroster. We kept a rag on the seat next to us to wipe the inside of the windows down.

When I drive in snow storms, there is always a problem with ice build up on the left side of the windshield where the wiper blade pushes the snow over. I have no idea why the OEM's don't just put a heating filament down the windshield on the left side to prevent that. I know the front windshield is safety glass and maybe the heating filament would make it more prone to shatter and open up someone's carotid artery in an accident.

So as the ice builds up during the storm I have to roll down the window and stick my hand outside and clear the ice away. In the future they will probably have a robotic arm that rolls down the window and reaches out to clear the ice away.
    Agree, I can start my car with my phone. But just running the front window defroster is usually enough to warm up the glass enough for the snow buildup to slide off.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild1Poet2 View Post
    I see Victory Motorcycles is shutting down. They're owned by Polaris which also owns Indian so they were probably cannibalizing sales from each other.
    Yep, but I'd expect a lot of the Victory DNA to quickly appear under the Indian name. Who really wants to ride something called "Victory" anyway? Victory of what exactly? This consolidation and going with the Indian branding seems like a smart move if they really want to give HD a run. They won't be successful without a huge dealer network and merchandising. In the end I predict two weak American motorcycle companies as the market isn't big enough to support both now that the baby boomers are dropping out.

admin Site AdministratorSenior Member arthureld's Avatar
    Good day gang

My car had a 1/2" think layer on it when I got out of work yesterday. The defrosters got the front and rear windows enough so I could break off the chunks but one side I had to peel it off from the door seam at the top. There was still ice stuck on the side when I got out of work today.
    Adventure is worthwhile

Sometimes we get snow and ice chunks in the wheels and it throws the balance off. You don't know it until your on the highway doing freeway speeds and you hear your tire thumping. A lot of folks hear this and don't know what it is.

HCG Technical HCG TechnicalSenior Member JD's Avatar
    Yeah a big enough chunk will blow your shocks/struts very quickly at highway speed if it doesn't let loose. Don't ask me how I know.