Thread: Thursday Thursday

Supporter HCG SupporterSenior Member Wild1Poet2's Avatar

Thursday Thursday

Howdy roadmasters. The heat is on here. We're in the 90's with the muggy humidity. I left the top up this morn and enjoyed the AC. I discovered I have ventilated seats so I had to try them out. I also finally cleared my TPMS fault light. Apparently it takes a couple miles of driving for the system to "relearn" each wheel. So all is good. The little things in life keep us happy. My back ache is gone. I feel normal. At least as normal as I can be.

The ladies here are wearing hot weather clothes. Slinky tops and those yoga pants. I''d think yoga pants would be hot but I'm not complaining. They also been wearing short summer dresses showing off legs.

So yeah, it's pretty much paradise here. Except for traffic. The d must be in charge of traffic.

Life is best experienced in the company of a woman.
    Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.

Administrator AdminSenior Member Wide's Avatar

Morning all

It's nipple day !!!! LOL

Yeah hot weather back east for sure

Swap meet this weekend and I'm on a roll

morning-jakie-gleason.jpg
    .-/c-.,_ /
    (_)'==(_)

Looking for a 74 or 80 inch UL flathead , any condition, contact me if you have one for sale

admin Site AdministratorSenior Member arthureld's Avatar
    When I was a kid a lot of the girls were braless.

What the hell happened to that line of thinking? Hardly anyone goes braless now.

It's finally warming up around here too. Hopefully it will last
    Adventure is worthwhile

Now that you mention it you're right. What did happen to that? And did women go from hairy everything to shaved everything? And do they still make bell-bottom jeans? What was so good about bell-bottom jeans anyway? Seems like a waste of material.

Administrator AdminSenior Member Wide's Avatar

What about ventilated seats on a bike?
    .-/c-.,_ /
    (_)'==(_)

Looking for a 74 or 80 inch UL flathead , any condition, contact me if you have one for sale

Quote Originally Posted by Wide View Post
    What about ventilated seats on a bike?

The Goldwing probably has it for those hot days when you're stuck at red light after red light.

Senior Member Hardcore Biker Robby's Avatar

I sold my Wing about 2 months ago. No vented seat but had beaded seat pads for the summer trips. I still have the Ultra and the Softail Standard. Age and health issues have taken a toll on me. I can't do the 5 and 6 hundred mile days any more. I took a 250 mile lunch run last month and was used up the rest of the day.
    Jack of all trades, Master of none

Them goldwings have been around a long time. Gotta respect them. I think when they first came out they were flat fours. Right? Or were they always sixers.

First Wings were 1000 cc flat fours, then 1100,1200 fours. The 1500 introduced the six which morphed into the 1800. I had a 1500 and traded it for the 1800. The 1800 needed help with the suspension system. Traxion Dynamics reworked the front forks and replaced the rear shock and spring which made them ride like a dream. I had the seat modified to move me back about 2 inches for knee clearance and the passenger lower seat back altered to set my wife up straighter. With those modifications I have been in 23 states and logged many 600 mile days I miss the Wing but I am cutting back on the long rides. I did ride to Sturgis and surrounding areas on the Ultra with a group I ride with. Twenty members of The Big Dog Crewe from around the states and Canada meet in Worthington Mn. The 5 guys from Texas round trip clocked 4300 miles in 8 days. Fun parking lot parties at the end of the day.

I forgot to mention that The Big Dog Crewe has a Facebook page with lots of photos.