Good morning folks. Just saw this article on the Goodyear Dunlop 402 tire. Hadn't heard about this before. I think I'm using that tire on my bike. I'll have to check.

https://www.salon.com/2018/05/16/fat...ecall_partner/

Excerpts;
"“Inspection of the tire reveals an adhesion defect in the tire cords that led to its failure,” Derian wrote in a report submitted as part of court documents in Morris’ lawsuit.
Failures of D402 tires stretch back at least a dozen years, records show.

Besides Patricia Morris, at least four other people have died and 22 have been injured since 2006 after D402 motorcycle tires on Harleys failed in 11 states, according to a review by Reveal from The Center for Investigative Reporting of state and federal court filings and police reports.

Nearly all these cases have sparked lawsuits against Goodyear. The company prevailed in two cases and reached settlements in eight others. Three more lawsuits are pending.

The nation’s top auto safety regulator should act, experts say.

“Absolutely, five deaths and 22 injuries from the same tire on motorcycles made for Harley-Davidson is a significant number and warrants an immediate investigation by NHTSA,” said Joan Claybrook, a former administrator of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the federal agency that sets safety regulations for motor vehicles and equipment, including tires, and can request that manufacturers recall vehicles and tires with safety defects.

Presented with Reveal’s findings, Goodyear insisted the tires are safe."