Thread: Tuesday 2 fer

Hybrid View

Administrator AdminSenior Member Wide's Avatar

Tuesday 2 fer

Morning all
    Raise and shine coffee is strong today

Puppys surgery went well he had a full tear so the put a plate in and change the knee mechanics for the better, they said its better then the OEM geometry. We go get him this afternoon

Got a spot for him in my shop with AC he can sit and watch me work
    .-/c-.,_ /
    (_)'==(_)

"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere"

Supporter HCG SupporterSenior Member Wild1Poet2's Avatar

Wednesday

It's Wednesday I think. LOL You're getting like me.

Pup will be happy to see you.

Saw this article saying that classic German cars are going up in value faster than the stock market. Maybe they're a better retirement fund vehicle.

https://jalopnik.com/classic-german-...ock-1827479489

So yeah, we’re not at peak air-cooled 911 yet. Those are still good “investments”, if you want to treat your car as one.

“Porsche 683% increase in value beats DAX, German bonds by far,” Bloomberg’s German headline reads. Investing in that vehicle 13 years ago would have been a smart move, and indeed—according to the news site—bankers are still recommending investments in “oldtimers,”

It also seems like American muscle cars have gone up a lot in value. I was watching the old truck prices but they seemed to have shot up in recent years also.
    Life is best experienced in the company of a woman.
    Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.

Administrator AdminSenior Member Wide's Avatar

Yes old german cars go up but only the good ones, the lesser models will drop like flys after the bubble drops and only the best most historic will stay up, all the others wil be worth more as parts cars so be carefull.

Funny thng I had my car at a show and the biggest thing that got people especially kids was it was a 6 speed manual with no driver aids, all of them seemed very intrested in hearing about it and th elook of WOW in their faces was must be a blast to drive once you figure it out
    .-/c-.,_ /
    (_)'==(_)

"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere"

Supporter HCG SupporterSenior Member Wild1Poet2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wide View Post
    Yes old german cars go up but only the good ones, the lesser models will drop like flys after the bubble drops and only the best most historic will stay up, all the others wil be worth more as parts cars so be carefull.

Funny thng I had my car at a show and the biggest thing that got people especially kids was it was a 6 speed manual with no driver aids, all of them seemed very intrested in hearing about it and th elook of WOW in their faces was must be a blast to drive once you figure it out

Here's a 360 Spyder on auction. Up to $50K with 5 days of bidding to go.
    https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...-360-spider-5/
    Life is best experienced in the company of a woman.
    Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.