Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sunday Sunday Sunday

HCG Technical HCG TechnicalSenior Member JD's Avatar
    Those Border Collies are really intelligent.

Saw GB lose to AZ and McCarthy immediately fired.

Senior Member Hardcore Biker Robby's Avatar

Evening all. One way to control large dogs on a leash is to use a half hitch in the leash around the belly at the rear legs. you can guide them or stop them by picking up on the rear legs. All their pulling power in in the rear legs.
    Jack of all trades, Master of none

Senior Member Senior Member Nitram_b4's Avatar

Lol, with my dog that is a problem because she is a rescue and has been abused it took me 2 years for her to trust me. If I give her a yank back on her collar she acts like I am going to beat her and throws herself on the ground in a submissive response.
    I just let her wear down then I am good.

We have had her for over 4 years and it has been just the last couple of months that she will eat if my wife is not there.

She is better with me if I get down to her level and sit or lay down then she is all over me like a puppy.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    "Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter."

Senior Member Senior Member Righteous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitram_b4 View Post
    Lol, with my dog that is a problem because she is a rescue and has been abused it took me 2 years for her to trust me. If I give her a yank back on her collar she acts like I am going to beat her and throws herself on the ground in a submissive response.
    I just let her wear down then I am good.

We have had her for over 4 years and it has been just the last couple of months that she will eat if my wife is not there.

She is better with me if I get down to her level and sit or lay down then she is all over me like a puppy.

I have two other pitbulls that are rescues also. One was found in culvert by neighborhood kids and wouldn’t come out for anybody, my wife sat down at the end of the pipe and it came out and climbed right in her lap, been ours ever since. The other one I stole from a old black lady that had her chained to a fence with no cover or anything for the weather. Me and my son went over there and cut the chain and she’s been ours ever since. She’s like yours, very wary and scared all the time. I did have a forth one that I saved from being in the middle of a intersection downtown when it was storming. Everybody was scared of it and I stopped and opened my door and told him to get in and he did. All my others are females and they didn’t tolerate him so I had to rehome him.

Administrator AdminSenior Member Wide's Avatar

Pits are wonderful dogs as we know

Some owners are not

Both my neighbors have them also, all are the sweetest gentle dogs I ever seen, They give me kissiys through the fence asking for cookies
    .-/c-.,_ /
    (_)'==(_)

"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere"

Senior Member Senior Member Nitram_b4's Avatar

Yeah
    Mine was in a similar situation
    She was on a chain so short she was standing in her own mess.
    My wife put a run up for her without the people knowing and fed her because they would have starved her to death (they almost did) when we moved we told them we were taking her.
    The thing that really pissed me off is the son came home for a few weeks with his dog and when he left he stole the run and put her back on a 4 foot chain.
    Some real pieces of shit in my book.

My wife took care of her for a few years while we lived there and based on the people we were careful of how we went about things not to make it worse for her.
    But when we were moving my wife said she wouldn't go without taking her.
    So when we were taking the last load I went over and told them I was going to take her, scooped her up threw her in the truck and we were gone. Much more to the story but that is the short version.

"Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter."

HCG Technical HCG TechnicalSenior Member JD's Avatar
    Nice to hear there's still some kind people left in this world.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12