Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Friday friday

Senior Member Senior Member Nitram_b4's Avatar

Friday friday

I gotta wake you sleepy fucks up again?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    "Age is a question of mind over matter. If you donít mind, it doesnít matter."

Administrator AdminSenior Member Wide's Avatar

Morning all

Yeah Im on the west coast 6 am here and Im late

Easters this weekend I think
    .-/c-.,_ /
    (_)'==(_)

"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere"

Senior Member Hardcore Biker Robby's Avatar

Good morning Nitram. The retired life has made me go yo bed later and sleep later. For moree than 50 years I had a work schedule to meet. It is nice to not wake up in a sprint to go to work. I stay active with volunteer work: COP, Cert, Church, Masonic lodge, Scottish Rite and Amateur Radio Club. I don't know how I had time to work before I retired. Congrats on the new job. Good luck.
    Jack of all trades, Master of none

Supporter HCG SupporterSenior Member Wild1Poet2's Avatar

My alarm went off as usual at 4:50 but I reset it for another 40 minutes so I could snooze. Somehow I was resetting the time and it didn't go off again until 7:30. LOL I worked out last night and was tired.

I have to admit that I am at an age when I actually wish I could take a nap. Nothing like a good 30 minute nap on the weekend. LOL When I was in my twenties I hated the fact I had to sleep cuz it seemed like such a waste of time. Wish I could take a siesta at work like they do in Spain.
    Life is best experienced in the company of a woman.

Administrator AdminSenior Member Wide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Good morning Nitram. The retired life has made me go yo bed later and sleep later. For moree than 50 years I had a work schedule to meet. It is nice to not wake up in a sprint to go to work. I stay active with volunteer work: COP, Cert, Church, Masonic lodge, Scottish Rite and Amateur Radio Club. I don't know how I had time to work before I retired. Congrats on the new job. Good luck.

Yeah I here you

I just set up a gmrs repeater for CERT here, was fun I really miss the Ham stuff, Been studying hamtest online or what ever its called need to find time to go test
    .-/c-.,_ /
    (_)'==(_)

"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere"

I hear you all
    I have been fighting this age thing for a while, I will be 62 on the 28th. For the most part I have physically held up well. Took me some time as to how to change my workouts to get the most out of them.
    I dropped over 50 lbs of mostly muscle over the last 15 years thinking that was the way to my future so I went from 246 to 193 and just felt weak my main reason for going that route was I was having a hard time maintaining. But now I learned what works and what doesn't anymore I am starting to swing back to muscular improvements tho be it at a slower pace.
    I am back up to about 200 and will probably gain another 10 to 15 lbs. We will see when I am 72 if I gotta switch up again
    My bench then 445, now around 275 my squat then over 450 now about 350 my deadlift now about 350 ( nagging hamstring injury that will not go away)
    Also have a shoulder and knee that I have to work around. All that said I look around and I am in better shape and feel better than 95% of the people 10 years younger then me. It is not about living longer it's about having a better life. As what happened to my brother recently hit me hard but he was in a condition physically that he could enjoy his life as he wished.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitram_b4 View Post
    I hear you all
    I have been fighting this age thing for a while, I will be 62 on the 28th. For the most part I have physically held up well. Took me some time as to how to change my workouts to get the most out of them.
    I dropped over 50 lbs of mostly muscle over the last 15 years thinking that was the way to my future so I went from 246 to 193 and just felt weak my main reason for going that route was I was having a hard time maintaining. But now I learned what works and what doesn't anymore I am starting to swing back to muscular improvements tho be it at a slower pace.
    I am back up to about 200 and will probably gain another 10 to 15 lbs. We will see when I am 72 if I gotta switch up again
    My bench then 445, now around 275 my squat then over 450 now about 350 my deadlift now about 350 ( nagging hamstring injury that will not go away)
    Also have a shoulder and knee that I have to work around. All that said I look around and I am in better shape and feel better than 95% of the people 10 years younger then me. It is not about living longer it's about having a better life. As what happened to my brother recently hit me hard but he was in a condition physically that he could enjoy his life as he wished.

Nitram if you maintain that condition you will likely set the age 65 records in bench and deadlifts. I thought I might have a shot but my knee and elbow surgeries put an end to that idea. LOL

Funny thing is my knee doesn't cause me any problems on dead lifts and squats it does pretty rarely, not bad for a 35 year old ACL injury that was never fixed, but if I pivot on that foot without lifting it my knee will be in pain for a few days....old joke
    Doc it hurts when I do that Doctors response " then don t do rhat" 😎

Quote Originally Posted by Nitram_b4 View Post
    Funny thing is my knee doesn't cause me any problems on dead lifts and squats it does pretty rarely, not bad for a 35 year old ACL injury that was never fixed, but if I pivot on that foot without lifting it my knee will be in pain for a few days....old joke
    Doc it hurts when I do that Doctors response " then don t do rhat" 

Hey doc will I able to play the guitar after my elbow surgery?

Doc. Sure no problem.

Me: good. Cuz i can't play now.

Seeing as how it is Good Friday and all, watch this. Don't laugh or you'll go to hell. LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast