Thread: 2000 fxst wheel bearings

Member Biker

2000 fxst wheel bearings

I've got a 2000 standard FXST and just purchased an Ultima Manhattan rear mag for it to get away from the spoke thing. It came with a note in it to make sure and check the bearing end play when torqued to 50 LBS. I did not know you had to check the bearing end play on the newer sealed style bearings, they are not tapered bearings. Does anyone know if you do have to check it or not. Thanks.
    Ain't no time like a good time so cruise on!

HCG Technical HCG TechnicalSenior Member JD's Avatar
    Sealed bearings don't get shimmed / end play set. You can verify this on the HD website on one of the wheel bearing kits.

https://www.harley-davidson.com/stor...19-42400033--1

Member Biker

Wheel bearing question

Hey JD, thanks for answering that question for me. That little CYA note they stuck in the box with the wheel kinda got my brain second guessing. I have always run the stock spoked wheel on my bike but would like to get away from the hassle of the tubes so I bought the mag from Jireh. Hope I don't end up regretting what I paid for it compared to other mags, we'll see. Now I have to figure out some mystery polish that will keep it looking good. Thanks again man and have a great weekend.
    Ain't no time like a good time so cruise on!

Junior Member Just broke my cherry!

Wheel

I have a 2000 electro glide and have broken around 4-5 spokes, I can get a replacement wheel from a 2005 soft tail and want to know if it will fit. Thanks in advance.